Say goodbye to winter skin with Lumenis IPL: Purchase 3 get one treatment free!
IPL Skin Rejuvenation
With our state of the art, Lumenis M22 Stellar Laser. We can utilize IPL skin rejuvenation (Intense pulsed light), to target and alleviate the appearance of:
Acne related post inflammatory hyperpigmentation,
Acne related post inflammatory Erythema.
This treatment is 30-45 minutes and includes a complimentary consultation at the first appointment. A $2,000.00 value
- Avoid sun exposure (apply sunscreen daily and do not tan at all—including self-tanner) for 4 to 6 weeks before and after treatments.
- Do not use any retinol products (or products containing tretinoin) or exfoliants on the area to be treated for one week. Avoid Accutane (or isotretinoin products) for 6 months prior. Let your doctor know if you have a history of Hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin in response to injury or infection).
- If you have a history of fever blisters, notify us. We may provide you with a prescription for prophylactic antiviral therapy to start on the day of the treatment to prevent a flare-up of cold sores. If you have a current prescription, Valtrex 500 mg should be taken by mouth twice daily on the day before, the day of, and the day after your treatment.
- You must notify the technician if you have had any cosmetic tattooing on or near the area to be treated.
- Photosensitizing medications including Doxycycline and Minocycline should be discontinued 3 days before the treatment.
- You may experience swelling under the eyes, especially if you have some rosacea in that area. Your sunspots will take 7 to 10 days to slough and will appear darker starting immediately after the treatment.
On the day of your appointment
- Come to your appointment with a clean face—remove all makeup from the area being treated. If applicable, dress so that you may modestly expose the treatment area.
- You may have a mild sunburn-like sensation following the treatment that is usually gone within a few hours. Skin redness is normal and may last a few days. There may be a slight amount of swelling. Cold compresses may be useful for the first 24 hours. Crusting or blistering is uncommon and not serious. Pigmented areas may begin to flake after a few days.
- Your skin will be fragile for 2 to 3 days. Use gentle cleansers (we recommend Zo Skin Health Balancing Cleansing Emultion). Do not rub the skin and avoid hot water during this time. Do not use your Clarisonic or a loofah for one week or until the skin has recovered.
- Do not use any retinoids, tretinoins, alpha or beta hydroxy products, scrubs, or exfoliants, or have chemical peels performed on the areas treated for one week.
- Makeup can be applied immediately if the skin is not broken. We recommend mineral-based makeup.
- Avoid the sun and use sunblock. (We recommend Zo Skin Health Smart Tone SPF 50.) Avoid excessive heat or friction to the treated area (heavy exercise, saunas, etc.) for one week.
- Sun spots and age spots will DARKEN with the IPL treatments BEFORE they begin to respond and resolve. This is expected and a normal part of the IPL process. Do not pick these spots once they become dry. They will lift and fall off on their own.